Ara Institute of Canterbury strives to provide quality learning for our Tauira and as a new entity there are endless opportunities for Māori and Pasifika communities.
FEES FREE COURSES ARE AVAILABLE NOW:
· For Māori and Pasifika students aged 16-40
· In a range of construction trades, business and computing
We here at Ara Institute of Canterbury support those who want to get on board He Toki Māori and Pasifika Trades waka. Entry into employment from training can be after 12 weeks or 12 months. These foundation courses also provide entry to apprenticeships so students can earn and learn.
He Toki and Pasifika Trades have grown from an iwi and community led initiative to support the Christchurch Rebuild. He Toki provides an education, employment and leadership career pathway that sees our Māori and Pasifika communities with tools for life, and blazing a native trail.
We currently have a few spaces left in:
· Carpentry Level 4 which starts on Monday the 16th of May and
· Essential Civil Skills Level 3 commencing Tuesday 31st of May.
Start your career now! These courses are only 12 weeks and run at our Woolston Campus.
These full time programmes include a mixture of hands-on and theory work, preparation for employment, and on-the-job work experience.
NEW! NEW! NEW COURSES!
Fees free study in business administration and computing are available from the 25th July.
Based at the Madras Street (city) campus, these are full time programmes that provide our students with entry level skills to the workforce or higher qualifications.
Scholarships are also available for some courses, criteria applies.
Enrolments for July intake are open now for courses at Madras
He Toki and Pasifika Trades Start dates for 2016 second semester (beginning July):
· Carpentry – two Stage One intakes on both Monday 16th May & Monday 29th August
· Essential Civil Skills – two separate intakes on Tuesday 31st May and Monday 29th August
· Fabrication – Monday 18th July
· General Engineering – 18th July
· Welding – 18th July
· Electrical – Monday 25th July
· NZ Certificate in Business (Administration & Technology) L3 – Monday 25th July
· NZ Certificate in Business (Administration & Technology) L4 – 25th July
· Certificate in Information and Communications Technology L4 – 25th July
· NZ Certificate in Business (First Line Management) L4 – 25th July
· Plumbing – Monday 1st August
We also have courses running in Timaru.
If you want to enrol, or know someone who may want to please contact the Centre for Māori and Pasifika Achievement – firstname.lastname@example.org (free phone 0800 24 24 76) or speak directly to Michelle Manuel, our He Toki / Pasifika Trades Engagement and Support Advisor (03 940 8168) or Humarie Chick, our Engagement and Support Advisor based at our Madras Street Campus (03 940 8340).
Centre for Māori & Pasifika Trades
Ara Institute of Canterbury
He Toki ki te Rika & Pasifika Trades Training – CMPA