The Dual Enrolled prograame involves students attending CBHS for classes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and attending Ara on Thursday and Friday.
Please CLICK HERE for an information brochure.
Ara Institute of Canterbury are holding a Trades Pathways Evening on Tues 11 Sept 6:00-8:30pm at the Woolston Campus for those families that would like further information and a tour of the facilities. Please CLICK HERE for details and to register.
See below the Entry Criteria and the type of student these courses would suit.
If you require further information or would like to discuss this option, please feel free to contact me on 348 5003 ext. 263 or via email.
CBHS Careers Advisor
- You must be a motivated Year 12–13 CBHS student
- You need to be keen to pursue a career pathway related to the programme
- As this programme is delivered in conjunction with an outside tertiary provider students’ must have demonstrated good attendance and behaviour in previous years. School Reports, attendance records and teacher comments will all be considered in the selection process.
- Ideally you should have achieved NCEA Level 1 including English and Maths or be working towards it (however exceptions may be made in some circumstances).
- Meet the entry criteria set by the tertiary provider and attend an interview
- A limited number of places are available
- For more information and to register your interest check out: www.careersdept.cbhs.school.nz/programmes/ctc
This option is perfect for students who . . .
- Want an alternative to traditional secondary education.
- Are looking for something hands-on, practical and relevant to an industry or profession.
- Want a qualification that gives you skills and strengths employers are looking for.
- Want to obtain NCEA credits for real-world career training. Studies Guide 2019 – 115 What can I study? You will attend CBHS Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday completing a set course of work and you will attend a local tertiary provider Thursday and Friday to study for your vocational qualification. Dual Enrolled students can partake in skills-based training in the following areas:
- Building and Construction Automotive and Engineering
- Food and Hospitality Electrical Retail
- Tourism, Retail, Hair and Beauty(The list above is subject to change due to changes in government funding allocations)