Street Talk Defensive Driving Courses
Cost $175(includes driving session)
NB Anyone with demerit points can complete
If you miss a session you have the flexibility to catch up this session at another course
To Enrol: www.fusiontrust.co.nz
txt: 027229 8018 e:email@example.com
Held at Rewi Alley Riccarton 6-8pm
April- Mon15, Wed 17, Wed 24, Mon 29th
Held at Christchurch Girls High School
May -Mon 6-Thu 9th– Mon 13 -Thu 16th
Held at St Bedes College 3-5pm
May -Mondays 6th-13th-20-27th
Held at St Margarets College 3.45-5.45pm
May -Tuesdays 7-14-21-28th
Held at Lincoln High School 3.15-5.15pm
May -Tue 13-Thu 16-Tue 21-Thu 23
Just touching base to say that we still have space on our level 3 Tourism and level 4 Travel full time course in Christchurch based at SIT in Hornby. The two course combined takes 10 months in total and students will finish at the end of November 2019. Both courses are covered by Fees Free.
For more information on each course please click on the links below:
Level 3 – https://www.itc.co.nz/course-options/2019-courses-overview-2/new-zealand-certificate-in-tourism-level-3-with-a-strand-in-tourism-and-travel/
Level 4 – https://www.itc.co.nz/course-options/2019-courses-overview-2/nz-certificate-in-travel-level-4/
If you have any students from last year that you are in touch with that showed some interest in tourism but you are aware they have not left the beach as yet to sort their plans out for 2019, please encourage them to do so ASAP.
Once these courses start, it is unlikely there will be further courses offered in 2019.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Ceri and Ruby.
Ceri John Jenkins Project Manager
+64 21 623 753 +64 9 373 5510
The Dual Enrolled prograame involves students attending CBHS for classes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and attending Ara on Thursday and Friday.
Ara Institute of Canterbury are holding a Trades Pathways Evening on Tues 11 Sept 6:00-8:30pm at the Woolston Campus for those families that would like further information and a tour of the facilities. Please CLICK HERE
for details and to register.
See below the Entry Criteria and the type of student these courses would suit.
If you require further information or would like to discuss this option, please feel free to contact me on 348 5003 ext. 263 or via email.
CBHS Careers Advisor
- You must be a motivated Year 12–13 CBHS student
- You need to be keen to pursue a career pathway related to the programme
- As this programme is delivered in conjunction with an outside tertiary provider students’ must have demonstrated good attendance and behaviour in previous years. School Reports, attendance records and teacher comments will all be considered in the selection process.
- Ideally you should have achieved NCEA Level 1 including English and Maths or be working towards it (however exceptions may be made in some circumstances).
- Meet the entry criteria set by the tertiary provider and attend an interview
- A limited number of places are available
- For more information and to register your interest check out: www.careersdept.cbhs.school.nz/programmes/ctc
This option is perfect for students who . . .
- Want an alternative to traditional secondary education.
- Are looking for something hands-on, practical and relevant to an industry or profession.
- Want a qualification that gives you skills and strengths employers are looking for.
- Want to obtain NCEA credits for real-world career training. Studies Guide 2019 – 115 What can I study? You will attend CBHS Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday completing a set course of work and you will attend a local tertiary provider Thursday and Friday to study for your vocational qualification. Dual Enrolled students can partake in skills-based training in the following areas:
- Building and Construction Automotive and Engineering
- Food and Hospitality Electrical Retail
- Tourism, Retail, Hair and Beauty(The list above is subject to change due to changes in government funding allocations)
Ara Institute of Canterbury
Remember that some application closing dates are coming up soon! It is important that you check application requirements for the programme to which you are applying. There are often additional application requirements to complete alongside the standard application form.
Below is a list of programmes with upcoming application closing dates:
|Bachelor of Performing Arts – 31 August
Bachelor of Medical Imaging – 1 September
Bachelor of Midwifery – 1 September
Bachelor of Nursing – 3 October (this is a new date)
Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications – 30 September
Bachelor of Social Work – 31 October
NZ Certificate in Animal Management – 30 October
NZ Certificate in Animal Technology – 30 October
If you have questions about how to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Use our degree sheets to provide information to your students on the different study options at Victoria.
Our degree information sheets contain:
- degree overview
- list of recommended school subjects
- information on postgraduate study options
- list of potential careers
- degree examples and admission
- degree, major, minor and specialisation requirements for each degree.
CLICK HERE for more information
If you are currently in Yr 11 or 12 and unsure whether school is the right place for you check out some of the Dual Enrolled course options available in 2019.
Talk to Mr Webster in the Careers Office.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Semester Two Study Options
Ara Fees Free for students aged 16-18
With only a couple of weeks left before the end of term, any students who are considering full time study at Ara in Semester Two should apply now! For anyone aged between 16-18, all full time Level 1-3 programmes at Ara are fees-free for Semester Two! We have a great range of offerings available that start in July.
The following programmes are just some of the options we have starting on Monday 23rd July:
If you have any students interested in these programmes please contact email@example.com or contact your Youth and Community Development Representative and we will call you to discuss your students’ needs. We are happy to provide application assistance, answer questions, or take a campus tour.
Level 2 & 3 Study Options for Semester Two
Ara Fees Free for students aged 16-18
If you’re aged between 16-18, all full time Level 1-3 programmes at Ara are fees-free for Semester Two! We have a great range of offerings available that start in July. Programmes are available across most Ara programme areas including Business, Hospitality, Hair and Beauty, Trades, Language, Culture and Education, Health and Science, Engineering and Computing.
If you have any students interested in these programmes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you to discuss your students’ needs. A full list of available programmes will be listed on our website shortly and we will let you know the link for this as soon as we can