Good news! We are running three Career Weeks again this year after the success of 2017.
This is an excellent opportunity for students interested in finding out about a career in hospitality tourism or hotel management. The Career Weeks are held at the PIHMS hotel campus during the April, July and October school holidays.
I would appreciate it greatly if you can pass these Career Week opportunities onto any student interested in a career in hospitality, tourism or hotel management.
Career Weeks 2018
17th April to 20th April
9th July to 12th July
9th October to 12th October
– PIHMS Career Week provides year 12 and year 13 student with the opportunity to experience PIHMS, our culture, lifestyle, education, training to see if this is where your future lies
– Get first-hand tips and information about the hospitality and tourism industry and find out how PIHMS works
– All students attending need to be serious about considering PIHMS as an option for tertiary study
– Places are limited as we only have a limited number of rooms available for accommodation so please apply asap so you don’t miss out.
Apply online – www.pihms.ac.nz/career-week.html
New application process for Career Week:
– Due to the popularity of our career week we are now implementing an informal application process as we only have limited places available each career week.
– To ensure that keen students don’t miss out, we need to check that all students attending career week are serious about finding out about how PIHMS works and a career in hospitality and tourism.
– The application process is informal and done over a quick phone call.
More information about PIHMS – Hospitality and Tourism Management Diploma/Degree with guaranteed job!
PIHMS courses are designed to fast track students into management or specialized positions E.g. Marketing or Events Management within the hospitality/tourism/hotel industry.
PIHMS is the only training provider where you graduate with a degree and 1 year paid work experience. This means employees will want you when you graduate, so you can get your dream job!
Only at PIHMS can you live, study and learn in a 4 star Qualmark rated hotel:
· Two sides of learning: (exclusive to PIHMS)
· Real life training in our own PIHMS Hotel
· Business/commerce/management based subjects
Paid Hotel employment throughout your study:
· Two 6 month paid Industry placement (exclusive to PIHMS)
· Paid employment in a top hotel around New Zealand or Australia – Experience a mini gap year while you study
· Earn up to $30,000 during your study on a paid industry placement throughout your study
A PIHMS diploma or degree that helps you have a great career:
· 98% of PIHMS students receive employment within 3 months after graduating from PIHMS
· 72 % of PIHMS graduates receive a promotion within one year of graduating
PIHMS graduates have great careers and lifestyles earning good $$$
There are loads of different career pathways in NZ and all around the globe
– Hotel Management
– Event management
– Human resources
– Revenue management
– Run your own restaurant
– Food and beverage management / Front office management
– Or maybe you want to make the best coffee anywhere in the world from Dunedin to Hawaii!
PIHMS are looking for school leavers who:
– Have a willingness to learn through training and working
– Have an interest in Hospitality, Tourism or Hotel Management
– Are looking for a life-changing experience
– Please note: Career week is for year 12 and 13 students
www.pihms.ac.nz – For general information about PIHMS’s hospitality, tourism and hotel diploma and degree with a guaranteed job offer. Plus great videos!
Please help spread the word:
As well as passing this onto students, I would appreciate it greatly if you can also pass this onto other teachers e.g. year 12/13 Deans and teachers of economics business hospitality, accounting, tourism so they can also to pass it onto their students :).
Thank you very much
Student Recruitment Advisor
Phone 06 968 1421 ext. 8108 (PIHMS, New Plymouth)
Mobile 0204 034 8840
Freephone 0800 100 331