We warmly invite all those interested in a career in Farming and Agriculture.
We invite all potential applicants, families and school staff etc to come and have a look around the property and get to know the team, We are located in the Rakaia Gorge of Central Canterbury.
We offer 3 successful cadets per year a 2 year Cadetship where they will be trained to a very high level in practical farming and Theory with the opportunity to gain Level 3 and Level 4 Primary ITO Qualifications.
COLERIDGE DOWNS APPLICATION PACK
APPPLICATION INFORMATION AND PROCESS
Welcome to Coleridge Downs, thank you for your interest in becoming a cadet in our Training Programme. We select 3 cadets per year for a full 2-year Cadetship, where cadets have the opportunity to achieve level 3 and level 4 Primary ITO Qualifications.
Cadets are housed and well cared for on the property with Purpose Built Single Quarters soon to be constructed which will bring all of our cadets together, as currently they are housed in two sites on the farm according to the management of the farms at the time.
We have a full time Training Manager whom takes care of the entire programme including academic programme, pastoral care, housing and general support. While cadets are taught practical skills working with our Senior Staff including Block Managers, Machinery Operator, Fencer, and senior Cadets plus specialist training staff. And all overseen by General Manager Tony Plunkett.
Please ensure you and your parents read and understand the basic rules of Coleridge Downs before applying.
Please return the Signed Basic Rules document along with your application.
The Application process is as follows:
· 7th July Open day is a great opportunity to have a good look around the property and facilities and become familiar with the culture of the whole training farm operation, and get to chat with cadets and staff to answer any questions you may have
· Applications open from 7 July
· Applications will close 16 August
· Interviews will be arranged for Early September.
· All Applicants will be contacted by 20 September.
Your application can be scanned and emailed or posted to us by 16 August
· Cover Letter
· NZQA record of learning
· Three References as per application form
· Copy of Passport
· Copy of Drivers License
· Copy of Birth Certificate
· Signed acceptance of Rules Document
Coleridge Downs Training Manager
1773 Coleridge Road
R D 2
Darfield 7572 Or email@example.com
Any questions ph 027 227 0971