Connexis’ is offering a unique opportunity for students who are interested in the Electricity Supply Industry, or would simply like to learn exactly what career pathways the Electricity Supply Industry has on offer.
Connexis is accepting applications for the Christchurch Taster Course which will be held during the week of 13-17 April 2015 at Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology. Taster Courses are a fantastic way to introduce students to the Electricity Supply industry, providing them with a number of work relevant areas and activities including:
- How the NZ electricity supply industry operates;
- Practical hands on activities;
- An introduction to Health and safety;
- Working at heights or abseiling or rock climbing;
- A range of site visits to electricity supply companies
To apply for a place on the Christchurch Taster Course, students need to:
- Be at least 16 years of age at the start of the course;
- Have achieved a minimum of NCEA level 1;
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident;
For further information or to apply please refer to our website here
Applications are due back by 20 March 2015, please ensure applications are completed in full with the required supporting documentation.
Please don’t hesitate to Mr Webster in the Careers Office.