Infrastructure ITO (trading as Connexis) is now seeking applications from men and women in Christchurch for an upcoming taster course.
With the successful completion of this action-packed course you will gain a greater understanding of the electricity supply industry, the careers available and whether this industry is the one for you.
This course will be held at ARA Institute of Canterbury, Sullivan Avenue Campus, Student Services Building, Christchurch and there are no costs to participants.
Attendees will be introduced to trade and technical areas and activities within the industry:
- Knowledge of the NZ electricity supply industry
- Practical activities such as electrical and mechanical workshop projects
- Health and safety and wearing personal protection equipment
- Working at heights training
- A range of site visits to electricity supply companies in and around Christchurch
- Career pathways into the industry and lots more!
All personal protection equipment including safety boots, overalls, hats and safety glasses will be provided and you get to keep the boots.
Apply now by completing the application form on page 2 if you meet the following criteria:
- Aged at least 16 years old at the start of the course,
- Completed a minimum of NCEA Level 1 with good literacy and numeracy skills and an interest in science and technology,
- New Zealand citizen or permanent resident,
- Interested in hands-on (trades and technical) careers in the electricity supply industry,
- Have a strong work ethic (demonstrated either at school or employment).
For further information or to apply please refer to our website here
For further information, please contact Connexis
Phone: 0800 437 486
or See Mr Webster in the Careers Office.