The University of Canterbury Teece Museum of Classical Antiquities and the Christchurch City Council Heritage Team are pleased to present Careers in Heritage on Thursday 22 August 2019 at the Teece Museum, 3 Hereford St, Christchurch.
This FREE event for Year 10-13 students will introduce them to the many and varied careers in heritage, arts and culture. Guest speakers from across the sector will discuss their jobs, and let students know what skills or qualifications they would need to do similar work. A complimentary light afternoon tea will be served, and there will be opportunities for students to mingle with the speakers and ask questions. Speakers will include:
- Victoria Bliss, Christchurch City Council Heritage Team
- Robyn Burgess, Senior Heritage Assessment Advisor, Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga
- Helen Brown, Senior Researcher Archives, Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
- Damian Cairns, Special Collections Librarian, University of Canterbury Macmillan Brown Library
- Terri Elder, Curator, University of Canterbury Teece Museum
- Emily Fryer, Conservator, Emily Fryer Conservation Ltd
- Trevor Hall, Exhibition Designer, University of Canterbury School of Fine Arts
- Clare Kelly, Heritage Architect
- Nicholas Priddie and Michael Purdie, Visitor Hosts, Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetū
- Joanna Szczepanski, Associate Curator Human History, Canterbury Museum
- Katharine Watson, Archaeologist, Christchurch Archaeology
Bookings can be made for individual students. Please book via Eventbrite by clicking below, or by emailing me.