This is the perfect opportunity to join our Aquatics team and to take your love for customer service to the next level. If you’re enthusiastic, enjoy generating new ideas, have a great sense of humour while maintaining your professionalism, then we can’t wait to see you poolside.
Excellent service is one of our top priorities and you’ll share our vision, making sure every customer who enters our facility has a great time with their family and friends and leaves with a smile on their face. You’ll be a natural when it comes to problem-solving and thinking on your feet, and you know how to be a part of great solutions.
You’re responsible, professional and enthusiastic and ready to make an impact on our customers. To be successful, you will be a capable swimmer and have the ability to stay calm in busy and pressured situations. You’re a responsible individual and have the skills to communicate with a diverse range of customer groups. Training on all the technical aspects of the job will be provided to the successful candidates.
We want to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following:
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Attention to detail with great observational skills.
- Passion for the community.
- Friendly and enthusiastic
We’re excited to hear about what makes you unique and how you’re going to build effective relationships when you move into this role. If you are constantly acting and thinking with the customer in mind and you’re motivated to succeed, we want you!
Here’s your opportunity to join our successful aquatics team who are passionate about Christchurch residents getting more active, more often.
Important information regarding the process:
- Should you be successful at progressing, you will be required to take our swim test and interview from 11 to 13 August 2021
- If successful through the interview process you will be required to undertake two full days of lifeguard training followed by a lifeguard assessment to gain your formal Pool Lifeguard Qualification before you start your role. This will be provided to you by the Christchurch City Council. The course will be held on 6 to 7 September with the assessment day on 14 September.
- Before the Lifeguard training assessment date you will need a Comprehensive First Aid Certificate
Lifeguards positions available – please ensure you state the position(s) of interest in your application form
Position 1 – Jellie Park, Full-time Fixed-term (Sept ’21 – April ’22), Rotating Roster
Position 2 – Graham Condon, Fixed-term (Sept ’21 – April ’22), (32 hours), Mon 5am-1.30pm, Tues 5am-1.30pm, Wed 5am-1.30pm, Thur 5am-1.30pm.
Position 3- Taiora QEII, Permanent 32 hours, Mon 1-9.30pm, Thurs 9.30am-6pm, Fri 5am-1.30pm, Sat 8am-4.30pm
Position 4 – Taiora QEII, Permanent 32 hours, Wed 1.30-10pm, Thurs 1-9.30pm, Fri 1-9.30pm, Sat 12-8.30pm
Position 5 – Taiora QEII, Permanent 8 hours, Saturday 7am-3:30pm
Position 6 – Taiora QEII, Permanent 4 hours, Sunday 7am-11am
Position 7 – Pioneer, Permanent 8 hours, Saturday 8am – 4.30pmPosition 8 – Pioneer, Permanent, 8 hours, Saturday 9am – 5.30pm